The funny thing about arguing that same-sex couples will damage the lives of the children they raise is that never once has a same-sex couple conceived a child by accident. Every single gay and lesbian couple who decided to have a child together must plan for it, often in great detail; whether this is a lesbian couple who need to find a sperm donor, a gay couple who must find a surrogate mother or either of these looking to go through the lengthy and often difficult process of adoption. Every single child brought into the home of a gay or lesbian couple is wanted.
[photoset of screencaps from Disney movies illustrating many types of families.
- Two dads: Timon and Pumba, with Simba
- Single fathers: Gepetto, holding Pinocchio
- Many siblings: Ariel and her six sisters
- Single mothers: Mrs. Jumbo holding Dumbo
- Same-sex mothers: Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather, with Briar Rose/Aurora
- Orphan siblings: Nani and Lilo
- A full house: Mulan, with her parents and grandmother
- Adopted children: Kala and Tarzan
- Elder parents: Hercules and his parents, Amphitryon and Alcmene
- Step families: Giselle, Robert, and Morgan
- Single with pets: Madame Adelaide holding Duchess and Marie
- Interracial couples: Tiana and Naveen]
Always be thankful for what you have.